Information and support for Carers 16 years +
If you (or someone you know) are a Carer aged 16 or over and live in East Kent, you can access information and support from Carers’ Support East Kent.
- Telephone helpline (weekdays)
- Information about support and services for Carers, entitlements and rights, respite options
- Emotional support
- Carer’s assessment for adult Carers. This provides an opportunity to talk in detail about your caring role and establish if you are eligible for additional support such as a break from your caring role or help around the home.
- Training and learning opportunities
- Peer support including Carers Coffee Times and support groups
- Activities and events for Carers
- Free Kent Carers emergency card
- Specialist support for Young Adult Carers 16-24 years
- Carers Hospital Service
“My best experience was that first call when I took that first step and someone listened to me”
Crossroads Care Kent – practical help for Carers
If you are a Carer in any part of Kent and need practical support to give you time to do things outside of caring, Crossroads Care Kent can help. They provide quality care services for the person you care for, offering peace of mind while you enjoy some time to yourself. You can refer yourself to their services or a health or social care professional can refer you.
Crossroads Care Kent provides the following services to Carers:
- Short breaks
- Palliative care
- Personal care during visits
- Replacement care so Carers can attend their own health appointments
- Support for Carers to access social activities and hobbies
- Support for Carers in a crisis
- Specialist dementia trained support staff
- Cogs clubs for people with mild dementia providing some respite for Carers
- Macmillan Volunteer support
- Pre-bookable home-based respite through Volcare
“I now understand that there are others out there like me so I don’t feel so alone."
Kent Young Carers – supporting Carers 5-18 years
If you are under 18 and have caring responsibilities for a family member with a long-term illness, disability, mental health or substance misuse issue you are a Young Carer.
If you are 5-18 years old, Kent Young Carers - the county wide service for Young Carers across Kent - can provide an assessment of your needs and appropriate tailored information and guidance through one to one, group and peer support.
Kent Young Carers is commissioned by Kent County Council and provided by Imago.