Information and support for Carers 16 years +
If you (or someone you know) are a Carer aged 16 or over and live in Maidstone or Malling you can access information and support from Involve Kent.
- Telephone helpline (weekdays)
- Information about support and services for Carers, entitlements and rights, respite options
- Emotional support
- Carer’s assessment for adult Carers. This provides an opportunity to talk in detail about your caring role and establish if you are eligible for additional support such as a break from your caring role or help around the home.
- Training and learning opportunities
- Peer support
- Activities and events for Carers including exercise classes, outings and creative groups
- Practical support including community transport, gardening, DIY
- Free Kent Carers Emergency Card
- Specialist support for Young Adult Carers 16-24 years.
- Carers Hospital Service at Maidstone Hospital
“I feel I can cope a lot better now after this course and am less isolated.”
Crossroads Care Kent – practical help for Carers
If you are a Carer in any part of Kent and need practical support to give you time to do things outside of caring, Crossroads Care Kent can help. They provide quality care services for the person you care for, offering peace of mind while you enjoy some time to yourself. You can refer yourself to their services or a health or social care professional can refer you.
Crossroads Care Kent provides the following services to Carers in Kent:
- Short breaks
- Palliative care
- Personal care during visits
- Replacement care so Carers can attend their own health appointments
- Support for Carers to access social activities and hobbies
- Support for Carers in a crisis
- Specialist dementia trained support staff
- Cogs clubs for people with mild dementia providing some respite for Carers
- Young Carer services for under 18s (Maidstone and Malling area)
- Macmillan Volunteer support
- Pre-bookable home-based respite through Volcare
“My best experience was that first call when I took that first step and someone listened to me”
Crossroads Care Kent – supporting Carers 5-18 years
Crossroads Care Kent provides services for Young Carers (under 18) in Maidstone and Malling. Services include:
- youth club
- school holiday residential adventure placements
- one-to-one support
- specialist children's counsellor
“I know they will listen and they always try to help”
Kent Young Carers – supporting Carers 5-18 years
If you are under 18 and have caring responsibilities for a family member with a long-term illness, disability, mental health or substance misuse issue you are a Young Carer.
If you are 5-18 years old, Kent Young Carers - the county wide service for Young Carers across Kent - can provide an assessment of your needs and appropriate tailored information and guidance through one to one, group and peer support.
Kent Young Carers is commissioned by Kent County Council and provided by Imago.