Welcome to Kent Carers Matter
Who are carers?
Find information and support
There is a lot of information, emotional and practical support available for Carers in Kent. Click the map below to find out what’s available in your area.
How you can support Carers
Supporting Carers as a health or social care professional
As a health or social care professional you have an important role in identifying Carers, helping them to feel more valued, improving their health and well-being and making services more Carer friendly.
Supporting Carers as a friend, relative or work colleague
- Be aware of how being a Carer might affect the rest of their lives.
- Be a listening ear and offer practical help and support when you can.
- Recognise how valuable and important being a Carer is.
- Encourage Carers to look after their own health and well-being.
- Suggest Carers tell their GP and workplace about their caring role.
Supporting Carers as an employer
As an employer, recognising that there are Carers in your workforce and supporting them to manage their caring responsibilities can have a positive impact on their lives.